FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Read below for frequently asked questions and more product info.
ITEM FITMENT AND INSTALLATION
Unless included with the product itself, most of our products DO NOT include instructions, and are meant to be completely installed by an experienced hobbyist; this includes product assembly/disassembly, any set-up and adjustment, and periodic maintenance. If you need help disassembling your stock vehicle, you will need to refer to the instruction manual/exploded parts view of your particular vehicle, as provided by the manufacturer of your vehicle. If you are unable to assemble and/or install a product, please consult your local Integy dealer for assistance.
- GENERAL ITEM PREP All products will require some prep out of the package. Some items (shocks, gearboxes, axles, etc.) are assembled for packaging purposes only, and may require standard prep before installation and usage, such as shimming for proper alignment, checking tightness of all components and fasteners, anti-seize, grease, or liquid thread lock for critical fasteners and any metal to metal contact. Do not just install the item out of the package and assume they are prepped correctly. Check, adjust, and set/reset all new items when taken out of the package! Failure to do so is not a warranty-related incident.
- INSTALLATION HARDWARE A majority of our aluminum upgrade kits, conversions, and alloy parts are designed to replace the stock plastic parts with aluminum versions, they all should generally assemble the same way as your stock components with your stock hardware. Unless specified, not all products include hardware; if new or different-sized hardware and/or fasteners are included with the upgrade kit, those are meant to replace the factory hardware. Extra hardware, shims, or spacers may be required for some installations. NOTE: Due to factory supply delays beyond our control, certain products may ship with hardware (screws, washers, etc.) that is different from what is originally shown in the website product photos. Any alternates will be compatible hardware that will not affect the functionality of the product.
- SUSPENSION SHOCKS Our suspension shocks (individual and sets) may be packaged partially assembled for display purposes only and require standard shock prep before installation and usage. All new shocks should be cleaned, reassembled, and may require RC-grade silicone shock oil before being used. Shocks need to be cycled so that the internal seals can conform to the shock shaft and body, during the initial break-in period shock may partially leak until the seals are sseated correctly.
- TOLERANCES AND BREAK-IN Some products are designed with tighter tolerances and/or include parts that need some pre-race or "break-in" periods in order to get the item into condition for regular use. Snow and sand tracks need to be broken-in to stretch to the correct tension, and new tires need to lose a small amount of the outer surface to expose the actual tire tread that will give traction. This break-in period also allows you to see that everything is working properly before giving it "full gas". A proper break-in basically consists of driving your vehicle with the new parts installed at slow to medium speeds, with smooth throttle modulation. Do not go full throttle, do not do large jumps, and any high-stress activities yet. The break-in process should only last around 2-3 battery packs (or 2-3 tanks of fuel if nitro). Upon completing break-in, be sure to recheck, adjust, and set/reset the items. Failure to do so is not a warranty-related incident.
- VEHICLE MODIFICATION Some parts may require permanent modification to the vehicle for fitment, and may eliminate certain OEM features. Some items that are different from the OEM part (such as our snow & sand conversions, piggyback shocks, EXT suspension, or extended wheel hubs) may require modification to the vehicle for proper clearance.
- WHEELS AND TIRES Wheel and tire sets may be packaged partially assembled for display purposes only and require standard wheel/tire prep before installation and usage. All wheels and tires should be cleaned, reassembled, and may require CA glue (if press-fit style) or separate assembly (if beadlock style) before being used. Wheels and tires are not always pre-glued from the factory (unless specified in the product name or description).
VARIANCES IN THE COLOR OF PRODUCTS
We carry thousands of anodized alloy parts, and for the most part the colors specified (i.e. "red", "gunmetal", etc.) match or are very close to each other in terms of color shade, but the reality of anodizing is that it is almost impossible to match every production run exactly as the last. The anodizing process does not allow for the exact matching of a color since most of the colors are produced based on the length of time the material is set into the anodizing bath. Chemicals influence the difference between "clear anodized" and "black" - and the color shade is based on the length of time the item is left to setup in the chemical tank. This process can thus produce many "shades" along the same rainbow of the basic color. Variations in color shade can be attributed, but not limited to the following factors:
- MATERIAL CONTENT: The exact aluminum alloy content of the part being anodized may cause some variations in color. Some aluminum parts are made of a different alloy depending on what their particular use might be.
- AMBIENT CONDITIONS: The current ambient conditions (temperature, humidity) of the anodizing facility the day that the part is anodized can cause variations in color.
- PLACE OF MANUFACTURE: Our parts are manufactured at more than just one factory; the procedure that each factory uses to anodize parts can vary, thus causing variations in color. Also - even if a part number is produced in the same factory, the difference between anodizing those parts today and anodizing a new batch in 2 months can cause variations in color.
- Because of the above, we cannot guarantee 100% that all anodized colors of a particular shade will match 100%. For example: not all "blue" products will be the exact same shade of blue as other products; this is why we color-correct our website photos as best as we can to accurately reflect the actual color/shade of the parts that are being sold. Thus, what is shown in the product photo (including the shade/color) is as accurate as possible to the real-world color of the part.
- Variances in color are not covered by warranty, but are eligible for our standard Return Policy, if qualified (please go to our Return/Exchange Policy page for more info.
Integy-branded items are designed and tested to be compatible with the vehicle's OEM parts but may not be compatible with other branded aftermarket parts. We do not guarantee compatibility with vehicles using third-party branded products. Some Integy-branded items may be only compatible with the vehicle's OEM parts but not with another Integy-branded item due to design limitations.
PRODUCTION “RUNNING UPDATES”
Some item photos may not represent the current version due to running changes and updates from the factory; in most cases we will have the most accurate photo on our website. Older items (updated, discontinued) may be replaced with slightly different versions of the same item; this occurs if the part has had a running change in production; when this is the case, the older version is no longer available. The part might look slightly different, but mechanically the part will function identical to the original item. In the event that you place an order for an item and it is not what is shown in the product photo, we will gladly refund your purchase, if qualified (please go to our Return/Exchange Policy page for more info
COLLATERAL DAMAGE LIABILITY
Integy will not be liable for special, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits or production or commercial loss in any way connected with the product. Further, in no event shall the liability of Integy exceed the individual price of the product on which liability is asserted. As Integy has no control over use, setup, final assembly, modification or misuse, no liability shall be assumed nor accepted for any resulting product damage (regardless of manufacture) or any personal or collateral injury. By act of use, setup, or assembly the user accepts all resulting liability.
BACK ORDER GRACE PERIOD
If you place an order that includes out of stock items, the shopping cart will tell you that ordering an out of stock item ("back order") is not a guarantee that we can fill the back order at a later date, but we will contact the factory and try our best to get the special ordered items. There will be a 30-day grace period for all back ordered items. If we get a restock of the back ordered item within 30 days of your order, you will get a notification from us stating that we are sending the item to you. If we do not get a restock after 30 days, the system will automatically remove that item from your order. Restock availability is based on production schedules at the factory. When these schedules change, the "estimated restock dates" will reflect the delays. If the estimated restock date changes, any current back orders will not be extended; in other words, your back-order status is only valid for 30 days from the date of order - regardless of any changes in restock date. Unfortunately, we do not have control over production schedules, so we understand any inconvenience if a back ordered item is pushed back from the original estimated restock date.
Back ordered items will be charged and shipped as they arrive from the factory to our warehouse; there may be multiple shipments for back-ordered items in order to fulfill your order if you chose to include back-ordered items in your shopping cart. The actual shipping charges for restocked items will be calculated when the items arrive to our warehouse and are ready for shipping. Pending back orders are fulfilled chronologically based on order date.
When an initial order is placed, we do not charge the customer for any out-of-stock items; we will only charge your payment method for the items that are in stock and ready to ship you. Our website will show the current status of any item; thus, if the item shows "in stock" on our website, that means that we have the item in the warehouse. We do not do restock notifications.
ADDRESS MIS-MATCH/WRONG SHIPPING ADDRESS
For credit card orders, the shipping and billing addresses must match or your order may be delayed for confirmation. If you want an order shipped to a different address than your usual billing address, then the shipping address must be attached to your credit card BEFORE you place an order. Please contact the bank that issued your credit card and ask them to add your desired shipping address to the credit card info. There is no charge for this; it just takes a phone call.
We are not responsible for delays due to bank confirmations or address verifications. Please make sure you have up-to-date information in your user account BEFORE you place an order. We do not assume any responsibility for bank fees incurred by using a Debit Card for your purchase and/or return credit.
Per the PAYPAL Protection Policy, all orders paid with PAYPAL will be shipped to the PAYPAL CONFIRMED ADDRESS. Please make sure (prior to placing an order with us) that the PAYPAL confirmed address is up to date and that it is where you can accept shipments. We are not responsible for outdated or incorrect addresses in YOUR PayPal account! You may be referred directly to them to resolve issues with your payment account. All prices are in United States Dollars (USD). To prevent any issues (PayPal only) before ordering, log into PayPal and check that your 'confirmed shipping address' is correct. We will NOT ship to any other address for all orders paid through PayPal.
We are not responsible for wrong shipping addresses found to be entered by the buyer at the time of purchase; we will only ship to the address entered into the "Billing/Shipping" address box for each order by the customer, or the PAYPAL confirmed address only (if order is paid by PAYPAL).
We cannot work out credit card problems with the financial institution; you must settle problems with them and contact us once the problem is resolved. You may be asked for a BANK TRANSACTION CODE for verification purposes; this code exists for every single credit card transaction that is made; you can acquire this code by simply calling your bank; it is not a confidential number, and once again - EVERY credit card transaction has this code. In the event of unsuccessful credit card transaction, our warehouse will send you a PAYPAL request for the amount using your provided e-mail address.
ORDER DID NOT ARRIVE/COMPENSATION REFUNDS
Unfortunately, sometimes an order will ship out but does not arrive to its intended destination. For situations like this, if an order is determined to have been lost in transit, order compensation for undelivered/lost orders may be attempted through the original form of payment within 180-days of the payment date. After that we no longer have the ability to process a refund to the original form of payment; in cases like this the refund will be issued through store credit only. (This does not apply to orders where the ship-to address is correct and the tracking number shows the package as "delivered.")
RTS (RETURNED TO SENDER) OR REFUSED DELIVERY
Integy Inc. and the couriers we use to ship shall not be liable for any interruption of delivery service due to a cause beyond its control, including but not limited to: the absence of a person or the refusal of such person of accepting the delivery of the shipment, demure due to the consignee, force majeure, action of the public authorities con real or apparent authority over the facilities, action or omissions of the public customs authorities or the like, riots, strikes, or other labor disputes, public disturbances, factors that disrupts the air and ground transportation systems such as weather conditions and natural disasters, pandemics, or an act of God.
If an order is returned to us by the post office for "delivery-related" reasons including "Cannot be Delivered", "Package Refused", or "Unclaimed Package" we may be able to reship your order to an alternate address or with an alternate shipping method. If we have to ship the same package again due to RTS, the customer will be responsible for shipping charges. If a cancel and refund is desired, the refund will be for the item purchase price, minus shipping, handling, gift packaging, applicable restocking fees and/or any other associated charges. Refused packages returned to our warehouse will be refunded by customer request. The amount refunded will be for item prices only, minus shipping charges. RTS refunds will be for store credit only.
INCORRECT/MISSING/INCOMPLETE ITEMS SENT
For situations where the items shipped from our warehouse to a customer are incorrect or have an issue (i.e. missing components) we reserve the option to offer any of the following solutions: 1. Provide the customer with the missing parts, if available; 2. offer an exchange for an alternate part; 3. Compensate the customer via store credit; 4. Provide a return label for the customer in exchange for store credit.
EXCEPTION - Third Party Seller
Please note that we do not issue any refunds for parts purchased from a third party seller; any refunds must be negotiated between the customer and the seller.
EXCEPTION: Scratch-n-dent/One-of-a-kind items
Any returns of "scratch-n-dent/one-of-a-kind" items (if approved by us) will only be refunded via store credit only, regardless of return reason.
NON-RETURNABLE / WARRANTY-EXEMPT ITEMS DETAIL
Our limited warranty does not apply to products that break when they are being used, especially in a competition environment. There is a misconception that if something breaks when it is being used, that it is automatically "defective"; but the reality is that things happen - even during normal usage - that can cause a product failure; when a product fails it does not automatically mean that the product was defective.
Products subject to "normal wear and tear" are not covered under warranty. This includes wheels, tires, snow tracks or wheelie bars already installed and used on the vehicle; drive train components such as gears, drive shafts, etc. already installed and used; items used in racing or any competitive environment; tool tips broken while being used; or LiPo or NiMH batteries that have been connected to a charger.
Time of operation during normal usage before a part fails does not automatically indicate a defect. Once an item is removed from the package and installed and used, it is no longer "brand new". After an item is used there is no way to determine if damage was caused by usage or because there were defects in production for that part. A real-world example of this is if you buy a brand-new car from the dealer, drive off the dealer lot, and run over a nail and get a flat tire. Was the tire defective? No, because the cause of the failure was running over the nail during normal usage. If the tire was losing air before even being used on the road, that is a different story. This is the real world, nothing is perfect, and sometimes things happen, but we will do our best to offer a solution.
Any vehicle or product damage caused by error of assembly, installation, adjustment and/or lack of maintenance is not a defect; if you have any reservations about installing one of our products, please seek the aid of a professional or your local hobby shop. If you encounter a hardware-related issue, this may or may not be covered depending on the situation. Any hardware-related issue may require the customer to send the entire product to us for replacement/modification/repair. Stripped hardware is not covered under warranty; we can provide replacement hardware in most situations, for a separate fee (minimum $5 USD).
Tool tips broken while being used are not covered under warranty unless the tool tip was defective out of the package i.e. tip not shaped correctly, wrong-size tip, or mis-formed tip. All of our hex-driven tool tips are designed to be used with NON-POWERED handles only! Many hex tool tips used in RC are sized and very small (i.e. 1/16", 1.5mm, 0.005") and are not meant to be torqued at a constant rate for an extended amount of time (like what a power driver would provide). Our tool tips are not designed to be used with electric drivers, powered drills, etc. and are not covered under warranty if used with a powered handle. However, broken tool and nut driver tips are eligible for replacement under our Integy Replacement Plan; please got to our Replacement Plan page for more info.
Products that have been used for any reason other than its original, intended purpose including products specified for one fitment but used for a different vehicle are not covered under warranty. Likewise, products that may have a production issue or defect but are "remedied" or modified by the purchaser in an attempt to install the product is not covered under warranty. Any product that has been permanently altered, modified, or have had material removed by the user is no longer are covered under warranty. If you encounter a problem with a part out of the package, let us know right away. If you continue to attempt to install, modify or make repairs to a damaged product yourself then you acknowledge that you are accepting the product as-is.
Our products are designed and tested for use with the factory OEM stock vehicle branded parts. Any vehicle that has been previously modified with aftermarket parts (ours or 3rd-party) is no longer considered a "stock" vehicle. Modified parts may introduce conditions that can vary compared to stock part compliance. Any warranty claims for an Integy product that has been installed onto a previously modified chassis may or may not be covered under warranty, and will be decided on a case-by-case basis at our discretion.
"One-Of-A-Kind, Scratch & Dent" listings may include items damaged in shipment, customer returns, one-of-a-kind items, or merchandise slightly used during research and development. Some items may be in brand new condition but have cosmetic packaging damage only, some items may be used (with estimated age marked), and/or may not include everything in the regular retail package. All items are inspected and tested for functionality before being shipped. Any existing issues will be mentioned in the product description. Please note that all "One-Of-A-Kind, Scratch & Dent" are sold as shown, as-is, without any warranty, and all sales are final. Quantities are limited; once the item listed in this section is out of stock or sold out, it is gone. No returns or exchanges for items in this section.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 NOTICE
Proposition 65 (officially the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986) is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more that 850 chemicals. In August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, effective on August 30, 2018, which change the information required in Proposition 65 warnings. We are providing the following warning for products linked to this page:
WARNING: Some products sold on this website may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. (California requires this notice.)
TOOL WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities related to our products may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles. (California requires this notice.)
ELECTRICAL WIRING, CORDS & CABLES WARNING: The wires on some products sold on this website may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. (California requires this notice.)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Additional Information about Proposition 65 For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see http://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at http://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.